Insurance Expert Witness Burl Daniel’s Curriculum Vitae
Burl Daniel, CPCU, CIC, CRM
Burl Daniel, CPCU, CIC, CRM entered the Insurance Industry in 1973 and was an Insurance Agency Principal for twenty four years. He is engaged as a Property and Casualty Insurance Expert Witness by attorneys representing policyholders, carriers and/or third parties. His expertise with Property and Casualty Insurance was developed over a career spanning four decades in the insurance industry.
Mr. Daniel holds a BBA-Insurance from the University of Texas and professional designations of CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter), CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor), and CRM (Certified Risk Manager), and licenses as a Property-Casualty Agent and Risk Manager. He has served as a corporate Insurance & Risk Manager, Adjunct Professor of Insurance with two Texas universities.
He is well-known in the legal community for his responsiveness to attorney inquiries, breadth of insurance knowledge and objective case assessments. Credibility with juries and the courts results from attention to detail, thorough analysis, concise expert reports and straightforward answers to deposition and trial questioning.
- 2001 CRM - Certified Risk Manager: www.scic.com
- 1993 CIC - Certified Insurance Counselor: www.scic.com
- 1989 CPCU - Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter: www.aicpcu.org
Entered insurance industry 1973 – Insurance agency principal for 24 years – Property and Casualty Insurance Expert Witness engaged by attorneys representing policyholders, carriers and/or third parties.
- Insurance Agents Errors & Omissions
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Claims Handling Practices
- Surplus Lines Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial General Liability
- Product Liability Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Pollution / Environmental Liability
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Aviation / Aircraft Insurance
- Workers Compensation
- OCIP / CCIP / Wrap-ups
- Property Insurance Expert
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Boiler & Machinery / Equipment Breakdown
- Flood Insurance
- Ocean Marine Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance
- Crime Insurance / Fidelity Bonds
- Personal Auto
- Homeowners Insurance
- Farm and Ranch Owners
- Watercraft / Boats
- Personal Umbrella
- 2004- Burl Daniel, CPCU, CIC, CRM - Property & Casualty Insurance Expert Witness. Engaged by attorneys representing policyholders, carriers and third parties to provide case analysis/assessment, Insurance Expert reports, deposition and court testimony.
- 2001-04 Senior Vice-President, Frost Insurance Agency, Fort Worth, TX. Responsible for insurance sales and policyholder service.
- 1988-2001 Principal, Milrany Scott/AIS Insurance, Fort Worth, TX. Duties included insurance sales and service, agency management, carrier contracts, claims monitoring and insurance agency acquisitions.
- 1985-87 Board of Directors: Independent Insurance Agents of Tarrant County.
- 1984-88 Principal, Burl Daniel Insurance, Fort Worth, TX. Producer, sales/service, and claims assistance for Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, Life & Health Insurance.
- 1979-84 Principal, Dickerson-Llewellyn Agency, Fort Worth, TX. Producer selling and servicing Commercial Lines Insurance, Personal Lines Insurance, Life and Health.
- 1976-79 World travel: Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia, and South America.
- 1975-76 Assistant Insurance and Risk Manager - Gulf States Utilities, Beaumont, TX. Management of large deductible/self-insured insurance programs for Property, Boiler & Machinery, Commercial Auto, General Liability, Umbrella, and Workers Compensation.
Professional Education and Licenses:
- 2006-07 Adjunct Professor of Insurance - University of North Texas
- 1984 Adjunct Professor of Insurance - Tarrant County College.
- 1981-83 Adjunct Professor of Insurance - University of Texas Arlington.
- 1975 University of Texas Austin - Bachelor of Business Administration, Insurance
- Property-Casualty & Risk Manager Licenses (Texas).
Representative Client Industries
- Real Estate / Property Owners
- Wholesale / Warehousing
- Importers / Exporters
- Oil and Gas
- Truckers / Transportation
- Utility Companies
- Science and Tech Services
- Computers / Information Technology
- Non -profit organizations
- Insurance Companies
- Farm & Ranch
- Wildlife Parks