Product Completed Operations Liability Insurance Expert Witness
Product Liability Insurance provides coverage for claims arising after a product is sold. The coverage is known as Completed Operations Liability Insurance for contractors and provides insurance for claims resulting after a construction project is completed. Manufacturers are sued years after selling a product. Distributors are named as defendants simply because a product passed through their warehouse. Contractors have been held liable decades after they have “Completed Operations “on construction projects.
Since claims arise over a long time frame properly structuring coverage is critical as each policy renews. Coordinating policy terms of Commercial General Liability & Commercial Umbrella policies is crucial and particularly so when a Claims Made policy provides liability limits and tail coverage issues emerge. Factors complicating this coverage include:
- Clients changing carriers.
- Different carriers are used for Primary limits & Umbrella.
- Coverage change from Occurrence to Claims Made.
- Market conditions expand or restrict coverage year to year.
- Claims may involve multiple carriers.
- Documenting events which occurred years ago.
Call (817) 980-4897 to discuss your case.
Mr. Daniel’s experience with Product and Completed Operations Liability dates to the 1975. His expertise was gained from representing a diverse group of Manufacturers, Distributors and Contractors, including:
- Artisan Contractors.
- General Contractors.
- Automotive Parts Manufacturers.
- Aviation Parts Manufacturers.
- Plastics Manufacturers.
- Foam Board Manufacturers (EIFS).
- Oilfield Parts Manufacturers.
- Oil Jobbers.
- Steel Fabricators.
- Retailers / Wholesalers.
- International - Importers & Exporters.
While usually written with Commercial General Liability stand-alone policies are not uncommon. We offer depth of knowledge whether your case involves an Occurrence or a Claims Made policy form (or both). We offer decades of experience to assist you regarding Product & Completed Operations Liability Insurance. Please call for a brief discussion regarding your case.