Inland Marine Insurance Expert Witness
The British sea merchants who originated Ocean Marine Insurance soon wanted to insure goods that were leaving sea vessels to be transported, over land, to their final destination; “inland marine insurance” was the natural progression of coverage.
Call (817) 980-4897 to discuss your case.
Standard Building and Personal Property policy forms are somewhat static since they are designed to cover primarily fixed location exposures. Inland Marine policy forms are flexible by nature since they contemplate changes of location (Motor Truck Cargo) and/or changes to structures (e.g. – Builders Risk). Inland Marine policies are used to cover a staggering array of Property exposures, including:
- Builders Risk (including Business Income).
- Contractor Installation Floaters.
- Contractor’s Equipment Floaters.
- Riggers Liability (third-party liability).
- Cargo (Owners or Bailee's goods).
- Property in Transit (ocean, surface or air shipments).
- Property in Transit - Owner’s or Trucker’s Vehicle.
- Transportation Legal Liability (Motor carriers, Riggers and Movers).
- Stock Throughput Policies (seamless property coverage for Ocean Marine, Inland Marine and storage exposures)
Inland marine insurance analysis requires knowledge of when, and where, an insured is at risk, as well as when they are no longer at risk for insured goods. As an agent, Mr. Daniel insured all of the above exposures for various clients. As an insurance expert, he has been engaged in numerous marine cases. (link button above)