Boiler Machinery Equipment Breakdown Insurance Expert Witness
Boiler & Machinery insurance – more commonly known today as Equipment Breakdown Protection – originated in the 1800s, when steam boilers provided the power to run equipment and machinery.
Call (817) 980-4897 to discuss your case.
Equipment Breakdown coverage is designed to insure “mechanical or electrical breakdowns” typically excluded in Property insurance policies. As follows, nearly all businesses face exposure to Equipment Breakdown. Some common examples of industries needing Equipment Breakdown coverage include:
- Schools, food processors, grocers.
- Hospitals, schools, hotels, office buildings.
- Manufacturers, fabricators.
- Power plants, refineries, chemical processors.
- Boilers, refrigeration, switchgear, spoilage.
- HVAC, elevators.
- Cranes, pumps, compressors, mobile equipment.
- Production machinery, lathes, presses.
- Turbines, pumps, compressors, pressure vessels.
Computers and other electronics require specialized Electronic Data Processing policies. These policies insure against losses resulting from direct physical accidents (including electric surge), reinstallation of software, and the cost of reconstructing data and media.
Coverage for Business Income and Extra Expense loss, due to computer or electronics “Equipment Breakdown,” can also be insured under these policies.
Mr. Daniel’s experience with Boiler & Machinery coverage dates to 1975. Whether your case involves direct damage to computers, machinery, boiler explosion, electric arcing or a consequential loss (i.e., food spoilage due to refrigeration loss), we have likely dealt with similar coverage or claims issues.